Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Movie-Book Covers That I Like

It's a well-established opinion in the minds of readers that movie tie-in covers are a definite no-no. I don't think I've ever met someone who has preferred the movie book cover over the original, and for good reason. I mean, some of them are absolutely atrocious and while they're always telling us to not "judge a book by its cover," it's pretty hard to avoid when the cover looks like it was made by a second grader playing around on Paint.

This line of thinking brought up the question: are there any movie tie-in covers that I actually like? I couldn't think of any off the top of my head, so I had to do a bit of digging. I did in fact find a few that weren't a pain to look at, but up until this point I haven't found any that are better than the original.



The Fault in Our StarsIf I Stay (If I Stay, #1)The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Book ThiefThe DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat FriendThe Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)

  1. The Fault In Our Stars: I've never watched the movie, and while the original cover looks far neater than this one, compared to other movie tie-ins this one is alright.
  2. If I Stay: Out of all of these, this one is probably my favorite. It doesn't involve awkward photography and looks pretty natural.
  3. The Perks of Being a Wallpaper: Emma Watson. That is all.
  4. The Book Thief: I'm a bit biased because I really liked the movie adaptation, but I think this cover is cute, even if it's just a close-up of Liesel's face. 
  5. The DUFF: For some reason the color scheme of this one is appealing to me, but I'm not the biggest fan of their awkward stances.
  6. The Lightning Thief: The bolt of lighting looks cool to me, ok? Also, Logan Lerman is great.

What do you guys think? Do you have any movie tie-in covers that you like or even absolutely abhor?

No comments:

Post a Comment